Skip Navigation
Registration with Financial Aid

Visit the full Financial Aid section here for more information about financial aid options available to SOE Students

Financial aid recipients may register online using the ‘Electronically Bill Me' option in SIS. You are responsible for any amount which exceeds your approved financial aid.

If you have just begun the aid application process, you should sign up for the Tuition Management Systems monthly payment plan or be prepared to pay the total balance by the due date. Aid cannot be guaranteed to arrive in time for late applicants. If you owe any balance on the due date, you may be subject to a late fee regardless of the status of your aid application.

Tuition and Fees

Tuition and fees are available at the School of Education’s main website

Loan Deferment Requests

The School of Education participates in the National Student Clearinghouse, which aids in the enrollment verification and deferment process for schools. It is responsible for providing status and deferment information, on behalf of the school, to guaranty agencies, lenders, servicers, and the Department of Education's National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).

The first of each month, the School electronically transmits a report of students' enrollment status to the Clearinghouse. Deferment forms submitted to the Registrar's Office will be forwarded to the Clearinghouse for processing weekly. You may call the Clearinghouse at (703) 742-7791(703) 742-7791 and speak to a Student Service Representative if it appears your lender has not accessed the correct information.

Starting in the 2016-17 academic year, January Intersession will be part of Spring semester for enrollment and consideration of deferments and financial aid. 

Fall is considered a separate semester for enrollment reporting purposes.  January Intersession enrollment will be combined with spring (including May session) for the purposes of enrollment reporting and determining loan deferment and summer is a separate semester for enrollment reporting.  Students who only need one course to graduate and will enroll less than half time will go into their grace period as of the date they cease attending half time.

Students may request that the Registrar's Office complete a deferment request form.  The student must obtain the form from their loan servicer.

Note: Half time status for graduate students is 5-6 credits per semester. For undergraduate students it is 6 credits per semester.

Locate your student loan(s) at the National Student Loan Clearinghouse

Contact Us

Office of the Registrar
Columbia Center
Suite 110
P: (410) 516-9816
F: (410) 516-9817