As an institution of national and international reputation, the School of Education welcomes students from all corners of the globe.
International student services are primarily handled through the Johns Hopkins University’s Office of International Services (OIS), which is located on the Homewood campus in Garland Hall 358. Please consult their website for any questions regarding your status and their office hours/processes.
The OIS can be contacted at 667-208-7001 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
To Prospective Students: What to Know
- Campuses are located in Baltimore, Columbia and Rockville, Maryland. Due to the nature of most programs, students must plan to attend classes at more than one campus, and public transportation is not available between them. Students should plan to have a car throughout the course of their studies.
- The School of Education does not offer on-campus housing for any students. Off-campus housing is available near all three campuses. Consult SOE’s housing web page for more assistance.
- No financial aid is available for international students. Loans and Scholarships may be available through various private organizations.
- Tuition rates are the same for international students as they are for domestic students, and F-1 students are required to show proof that they can afford all tuition and expenses for the academic year in order to receive their I-20 status.
- In order to receive a student (F-1) visa, you must be fully admitted to a degree program well in advance of the start of the semester.
- Full-time status is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of nine credits for graduate study or 12 credits for undergraduate study each semester (fall and spring).
- We do not issue I-20 eligibility certificates for provisional or conditional acceptance to any program, nor do we issue an I-20 for certificate programs.
- As an F-1 student, you will complete your degree program within 2-3 years depending on the program and other factors.
Note: For more information on SOE's admission policy for international students, please view the academic catalog.